The Downtown Dreamer: The Best Kind of Advent Calendar

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Best Kind of Advent Calendar






When Christmastime comes around, I usually go Vegan so I always miss out on the delicious chocolate Advent calendars. Whenever I'm at the grocery store , I'll longingly look at the vast array of Advent calendars and knowing that I can't have one usually leaves me grumpy and hungry. Albeit no one forces me to go Vegan, it's my own personal decision, but I just hate missing out tradition...no matter how small. I toyed with the idea of making my own calendar, but laziness got the best of me .

Enter, David's Tea .

You might not know this, but I'm a bit of a tea aficionado...bordering on snob/obsession status.

Last year David's Tea introduced "The 24 Days of Tea". It was a hot commodity and sold out in stores and online within the first day. Behind each little door hides a surprise that's specially picked and packed into tiny tin cans. From the classics like 'Glitter & Gold', 'Forever Nuts' and 'Read My Lips' to Holiday teas such as 'Sleigh Ride' and 'Santa's Secret', the box offers a daily surprise for any tea lover. Unfortunately for me , I found out about the magical little box a week too late, so I missed out. Lesson learned!

This year, I went in prepared. I called/twitted ahead of time to find out the scheduled release date and if my local store would have it. Did I mentioned I'm a little a lot obsessed with David's Tea? Don't judge me .

Anyway, my crazy ways have paid off. I love that I can start my day with a new and unexpected surprise . For me, it's all about the little joys in life .


Do you have any Christmas traditions that you can't live without?

Till Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment